Webshop Terms & Conditions
Use of the website
These conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing the website and/or placing an order, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access our website. The conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
Before placing an order and if you have any questions relating to our terms and conditions please contact our Customer Services department by e-mail on [email protected] or call us on 01224 318744 between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- When placing an order, you warrant that any and all information given is accurate and complete.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
- If Ben Reid Garden Centre has insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered, we will contact you to refund your credit or debit card until the items are back in stock and ready to be despatched.
- All prices listed on ben-reid.co.uk are correct at the time of entering the information. However, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time. All prices include VAT.
- No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and ben-reid.co.uk until we accept your order by dispatching the product to you. When this happens we will confirm the acceptance by sending you an email.
- This confirmation email will be sent to the email address given in your order form and will detail products ordered, payment method, cost (including VAT and delivery).
- You must check all the details on this confirmation email are correct and contact us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
- If your order has not been accepted, you will receive an explanatory email from us detailing the reasons why.
Cancellation of Orders
You may cancel your order at any time previous to our despatching it*. Normally this means that you have a two hour period from placing the order to cancel it. Anytime after this you need to ring us on 01224 318744 or e-mail us on [email protected] marking it as urgent. If your order has not been sent out we will cancel it for you. If the order has already been despatched you will be required to arrange collection (charges may apply) or return to our premises. When we receive it back (in a saleable condition and in its original packaging) you will then get a full refund by whichever method you paid for it originally.
*For bespoke /special orders, your order must be cancelled within 24hours from the time the original order was placed.
By registering with ben-reid.co.uk, you agree that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects and you will notify us immediately of any changes to the personal information by e-mailing us at [email protected]
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of our website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and /or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website and/or change the conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the website.
Third Party Links
To provide increased value to our customers, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (a) the privacy practices of such websites, (b) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (c) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you
- To serve website content and advertisements to you
- To administer this website
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from ben-reid.co.uk by e-mail about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, by e-mailing us at [email protected]
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Contests and Prize Draws
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website.
You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
From time to time Ben Reid Garden Centre run promotions and offers on selected products or lines – we refer to these collectively as our “Promotional Offers”. All qualifying Promotional Offers will be automatically applied to your order both on-line and in-store. All of our Promotional Offers are subject to the below terms and conditions:
- They are only valid on full-priced items and cannot be used on sale or promotional items which are already discounted unless otherwise stated.
- They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer;
- They are valid for a limited period of time as specified in the marketing communication on the website or in store, they cannot be used outside of that period;
- They are not valid on sale items and existing discounts such as multibuy offers.
- If an item is returned which brings the amount spent below any qualifying level, the offer value may be deducted from any refund; and;
- All orders are subject to stock availability and we reserve the right to withdraw, amend or extend offers at any time, without prior notice.
Details will be added depending on the event
Voucher discounts and/or special offer codes are only valid on presentation of the voucher in-store. Voucher discounts do not apply to sale items, or existing discounts such as multibuy offers.
This website and a proportion of its content is copyright Ben Reid & Company Ltd. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Ben Reid & Company Ltd